Project Management has advanced over the last few decades, be it in the fields of IT, manufacturing, engineering and eventually in the financial sector, health services, among other varied fields. Processes in the knowledge area have largely been deemed as generic that can be easily used in any sector. However, when it comes to actual application, project management techniques may be problematic for certain professionals. You may often find yourselves in situations where you may not have had sufficient practice with a particular issue, such as – scope creep, budgeting, inadequate risk management, communication challenges, limited engagement of stakeholders, among others. You may not always employ all the knowledge areas covered by the PMBOK in but are curious to learn more!
Continuing with its interactive online events, PMI Switzerland welcomes you to its next Open Space forum – an ideal approach to encourage conversations and debates particularly when the group comprises participants from diverse backgrounds. As is characteristic of an Open Space Forum, you need not necessarily be an expert in your field or a Project Manager to participate!
With this interactive forum, we intend to provide a safe space to exchange your ideas and thoughts and address potential issues and questions you may have with other practitioners; and therefore:
- we will not be recording this event to ensure discretion of your thoughts and opinions,
- smaller breakout rooms will be created for ease in sharing your professional experiences, and
- the ingenuity of this format allows you to bring in questions you may have pondered on. Topics of discussion will be completely up to you i.e., the participants; thereby ensuring you do not have discussions that someone else found interesting but could be irrelevant for you. So, we encourage you to bring forth your experiences you would like to converse on with your trusted expert colleagues. (While registering for the event, please feel free to put in your preferred topics of discussion or questions in the ‘Comment’ section on your registration page.)
Our main objective is to provide you a platform to engage deeply and creatively around issues of concern.
The five principles that govern an OS format – collectively express a core respect for the participants, process and outcome of the event:
- Whoever come are the right people,
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have,
- Whenever it starts is the right time,
- When it’s over, it’s over, and
- If any participant finds themselves in a situation where they are neither learning nor contributing, they can go to another breakout room
Participants will leave with an improved perspective on project management and a greater understanding of the fundamentals drawn from individual experiences!
Come join us on 18th February for a unique interaction where you put forth your experiences and queries, set the agenda and help mould a better understanding of the fundamentals of Project Management.
|Event Date||18-02-2021 18:30|
|Event End Date||18-02-2021 20:00|
|No. of Technical PDUs||1|
|No. of Leadership PDUs||0.5|