Mentoring is an effective way of helping people to progress in their career, enhancing specific skills and knowledge.
The 6 months program of the Swiss chapter connects senior and a less senior Project Management Professionals.
The program is designed to discuss career, project and professional topics. The mentors can share specific examples from their own experience, include career advice and best practice in project management in multiple industries.
The mentoring program consists of a kick-off session, intermediary check, closure event and evaluation.
It is a great opportunity for the mentors to give back to the profession and to share their experience and insights with a less experienced project manager and thus, enhance their coaching skills.
- Contribute to the individual growth of the mentees.
- Help mentees to develop new professional skills in project, program and portfolio management
- Help mentees to build their confidence to lead, cope with difficult situations, be a better problem solver and also support them to enhance their communication competencies.
- Be available for a kick-off
- Be available for monthly 1-2-1 sessions in Switzerland
- 10 - 15 years of overall professional experience
- Project / Program / Portfolio experience for at least 5 years
- People responsibility for the past 5 years
- Ability to listen and ask critical questions that help the Mentee find his/her way through problems
- Willing to share best practices and as well as learning experience
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model.
- Exhibits enthusiasm in the field.
- Motivates others by setting an example.
- Ability to put himself/herself in the shoes of the others
Apply on the VRMS platform of pmi.org for this opportunity. APPLY